Monday 19 February 2018

Seem to have added another jug.................

................to the collection.

How did it happen?
Because of a car boot sale of course!

I had to go food shopping so went early to do a quick tour of the boots, although I found I was feeling a bit rough so didn't get right round. Just far enough to find this

Alfred Meakin "Tintern" for £1. Tintern Abbey is tiny but just visible in the picture. I think it dates from around the 1930's although it might be later. It's got a teeny chip on the base but still looks good.

After the boot sale a short dash round Tesco's and home to rest. I've had the ears checked by nurse practitioner and she said no infection just a virus that's going round - like a head cold but bunging up the ears rather than nose (sorry - too much information!). Apparently quite slow to get better - Oh great joy!  So annoying to feel grotty on the sunniest and warmest day for ages, I could have been out in the greenhouse. Oh well, plenty of time left to sow seeds.After we moved here last year I didn't get started  until the middle of March and we still had things to eat through the summer.

Thanks for comments about finances and feeding the poorly husband. 

Back Tomorrow
Sue

35 comments:

  1. I feel for you, a nasty thing to have and no meds to speed your recovery. :-(
    However, that jug is simply beautiful - will you use it or display it (or both)?
    Get well soon - sending healthy vibes in your direction.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I need vibes - feeling very under the weather

      Delete
  2. My mum used to have a set in that pattern. Brought back memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every house had a crockery cupboard full of Alfred Meakin. Only the best at Woolworths. I am rather partial to jugs myself. I mostly use them as vases or sometimes for wine on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they were sold at Woolies - Mum didn't have any I know

      Delete
  4. How about a wassailing jug? Hope you begin to feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little jug ... especially at that price. Hope you soon feel better, it's oh so easy to take your eye off your own health when you're taking cae of someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sort of sneaked up on me a week ago and won't go

      Delete
  6. A modest purchase like that can do wonders for the soul.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plan is a greenhouse day tomorrow, can't go out today we have Will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get started but will wait a while

      Delete
  8. Oh dear poor you, Sue, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and give yourself plenty of rest and treats, like that lovely jug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm resting and drinking plenty of water, hope it goes soon - can hardly hear a thing

      Delete
  9. Lovely find-you have the eye for these things. I like to collect sugar and creams but am thinking I need to cease now. The ear thing is true Sue-it was the remaining symptom of the virus from hell, and I am trying to wear a beanie hat all the time I am out, otherwise pain follows. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the shape and color of youf jug. Hoping you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh poor you....I don't like having bunged up ears.

    Lovely jug.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never ever had anything like this before - horrible

      Delete
  12. Ah, the seductive properties of a pretty jug! I thinned out my collection, but the odd one creeps in to swell the numbers again. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sold a couple of modern jugs at a car boot sale last year so have room for more older ones!

      Delete
  13. Do hope you are feeling better soon. I love your new jug. I have a soft spot for pitchers, jugs and bowls with the right shape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're feeling tops again soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely little red and white jug. I like jugs, too. Hope your ears clear up soon. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a find, that jug is right up my alley. A few more days curled up with a good book for you it seems. Nature will take care of things re late planting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely find, would make a gorgeous flower vase. Hope you are feeling better soon xcx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty jug Sue.Take it easy for a day or two - you are having a rough time - let the world flow by for a time and build up your strength again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty for just a pound.

    ReplyDelete